- Very high source of fibre: each portion supplies 50% of the recommended daily allowance.
- Only 2 tsp per day reduces cholesterol.
- Helps with weight management.
- Relieves constipation and bloating.
Exclusive blend of 93% pure psyllium fiber helps to relieve constipation and lower cholesterol levels.
By clicking above, you will be redirected to a secure buying platform, Ebambu.ca
Intesfib is an all natural supplement that is a great source of fiber. It helps to attain the 25 to 30 g recommended daily fiber intake necessary for intestinal health. IntesFib’s exclusive blend of 93% pure psyllium fiber is helps to relieve constipation and lower cholesterol levels in those with high cholesterol. It provides a gentle relief from occasional constipation and bloating. Intesfib is an exclusive blend of pure fiber and beneficial herbs for intestinal health.
No sugar, salt, colours, or preservatives.
Natural Product Number (NPN): 80024188
Medicinal ingredients: Each capsule contains:
- Psyllium (seed) (Plantago ovata) 465.0 mg.
- Licorice (root) (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 5.0 mg.
- Red Elm (bark) (Ulmus fulva) 0.5 mg.
Non-Medicinal ingredients: Hibiscus, gelatin.
Properties of the ingredients
Psyllium: Its exceptional richness in mucilaginous psyllium fibre confers it properties that relieve constipation by reducing the total duration of the intestinal transit. Furthermore, psyllium (plantago ovata) is now recognized to help reduce slightly elevated cholesterol blood levels as well as relieve diverticulosis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Licorice: Recognized as an anti-inflammatory, Licorice effectively relieves the irritated mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. Its antibacterial properties confers it the capacity to fight against certain intestinal pathogens.
Red Elm: The mucilage content of Red Elm protects and relieves irritated intestinal mucous membranes. It also aids in preventing diarrhea. Furthermore, Red Elm is recognized to calm multiple inflammations of the digestive tract, in particular the ones affecting the intestines (ex.: colitis).
Hibiscus: Abundantly cultivated in tropical regions and in Europe, the Hibiscus flower is recognized for its virtues as a mild laxative for the intestines.
Caution: Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or if laxative effect does not occur within seven days.
Consult a health care practitioner immediately if you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or fever (as these could be signs of abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the oesophagus and/or the superior opening of the stomach (cardia), potential or existing intestinal blockage, paralysis of the intestine, megacolon, faecal impaction, inflamed bowel or appendicitis).
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking medications which inhibit peristaltic movement (e.g. opioids, loperamide).
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have a liver disorder.
Consult a healthcare practitioner if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you have difficulty swallowing.
- Do not use if you have diabetes mellitus in which blood sugar is difficult to regulate.
- Do not use if you are experiencing a sudden change in bowel habits that has persisted for more than 2 weeks, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, or failure to defaecate following the use of another laxative product.
- Do not use if you are taking thiazide diuretics, cardiac glycosides, corticosteroids, stimulant laxatives or other medications which may aggravate electrolyte imbalance.
- Do not use if you have hypokalemia, high blood pressure, or a kidney or cardiovascular disorder.
- Known Adverse Reactions: Hypersensitivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur following inhaled and/or ingested psyllium; in which case, discontinue use.
- May cause temporary gas and/or bloating.
- Candida albicans.
- Elevated cholesterol levels.
- Intestinal irregularities.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Diverticular disease.
Adults: Take 6 capsules once or twice a day, with water or juice, in the morning before breakfast and/or at bedtime or, as directed by your health care practitioner. Follow with an additional glass of liquid. Maintain adequate fluid intake.
Take 2 hours before or after taking other medications. Laxative effect observed 12-24 hours after first dose, and may take 2-3 days.
Optional: Take during the day (not immediately prior to bedtime). For cholesterol lowering effects, take 1 teaspoon two times daily.
Recommended duration of use: A minimum duration of use of 8 weeks is required before beneficial effects on cholesterol take place.
1-I started taking IntesFib for two days but I still do not see an increase in bowel movement, is this normal?
You may be dehydrated. Fibers need lots of water, remember to drink 3-4 glasses of water a day! Some intestines may needs more time to get used to a high fiber intake. It happens rarely, but some people react this way. It is preferable in this case to decrease the dosage by half and split the intake to once in the morning and once in the evening until your body gets used to it.
2-Does the product create an addiction?
On the contrary, IntesFib helps lazy intestines to regain their regularity and does not create habituation. Psyllium fibers are extremely important as they clean while sweeping the inside of the intestine and helps facilitate the evacuation of the harmful waste out of the body.
3-Can I combine IntesFib and Laxatil?
It isn’t recommended to combine both products simultaneously as they can irritate the intestine in some individuals. Better alternate or verify with your doctor or naturopath for optimal solution.